The Edinburgh Rudolf Steiner School provides an holistic education for children from the age of 3 ½ to 18 years. Children entering the School at kindergarten stage will remain there until the August after their 6th birthday, thereafter entering Class 1. The School operates an “all year” admissions policy, admitting pupils at any point throughout the School Session. We ask that you look thoroughly through our FAQ.
- All applications should be in writing on the School’s standard application form which is available from the School Office (0131 337 3410) or the website (www.steinerweb.org.uk). Applications must be accompanied by the application fee (currently £50) and by reports from the child’s current School where possible.
- Admission is by an interview with the Kindergarten Teachers in the Kindergarten, Class Teacher, in the Lower School, and by the Class Guardian in the Upper School. A second teacher will attend in all circumstances. You will also be given a brief tour of the grounds. For more information on this please read through our General Information.
- Applications will be acknowledged by the Admissions Secretary within 5 working days during term time and an interview date will be offered.
- The interview with teacher/guardian will be followed by a financial interview with the School Bursar. Where a child has previously attended another Independent School, the Bursar will request, in writing, a financial reference from the previous School.
- Parents may request an informal talk with the Teacher prior to applying formally.
- Parents may request, after interview, that their child has a 2 or 3 day trial in the class they are applying to. This may be granted at the Teacher’s discretion and is not available prior to a formal application.
- Applications will be presented to the College of Teachers, who meet every Thursday evening within term time. A recommendation to College will be made by the interviewing teachers and a decision is normally made on the same evening. On some instances a decision will be held over until the following week.
- When a child is accepted a letter of offer will be sent out by the Bursar within 5 working days of the College’s decision. Acceptance of the place must be made by completing the enrolment form which accompanies the letter. The enrolment form is a legal document which binds the parents to the terms therein.